This is kinda like a weird social club. My mom and I got here with all my "stuff". I had to bring three or four books, anyone who's shopped with me knows how I make decisions...I'll just take them all....right? My laptop, G2, crackers, phone, my pillow and blankey, I don't know, pretty much more than I can carry, according to my mom and more than I can take next time.... Yesterday they told us I'm not supposed to lift over 2lbs. for 2 weeks. My mom just knew my port was going to pop out of my chest carrying my purse!
So basically, you sit in the office with other people getting chemo kinda behind a half wall looking out the window at a parking lot. It's like lazy boy nirvana. You sit in this big comfy chair, you have a TV and can basically can do whatever you want. I didn't have to have a TV volume war with the cute little old man in the corner because I was to busy with my support team. My entourage was fun! My mom , Terri, Lisa, and Aunt Georgia all came and went during the 4 hours I was there. Thank you ladies, you make me laugh and that's the best medicine I had all day! They told me to plan on 6 hours ( see comments above...I was definitely ready!) I feel fine. Still kinda tired, but I think that my body is just getting used to the port thingy. OH ya, and fighting cancer. The only thing that is kinda freaky is when they put the chemo in your iv, the nurse has these big rubber gloves on so it doesn't accidentally touch her...what? Oh, and how did I forget the best part? They have shopping there!!!
Tomorrow I go for a shot that starts with an "N" and it helps white blood cells. I'll let you know how it goes!
Only you would have shopping and chemo in the same sentence!
ReplyDeleteHey Chicka Dee: Just checking in on you. You have more grit than anyone I know. Perhaps I'll have to come and visit. While you're trapped at the doctors office I'll break out a book someone got me and ask you 11,000 questions. Hah! Love your up to date information. Stay cool Sister and I'll give you a call today or tomorrow.
ReplyDelete