My victorious battle with breast cancer. I know I'm going to win...this is to help my friends and family believe! It's a place to check on me whenever and if ever they want. It's my day to day diary, how I'm doing, what I'm feeling and what's next. Feel free to "blog", comment or call when you need to!

Monday, September 27, 2010

It's the Little Things

 My immune system is definitely off my bff list right now.  The tiniest thing that in every day life I wouldn't give a ...wait not a second thought, not even a first thought about, creates unbelievable chaos.   It started on Wednesday in Sedona.  During the day I noticed a small bug, spider , what ever bite on my stomach.  No big deal.  It was really tender to touch, so I didn't touch it! It turned out to be obnoxious by bedtime.  It really started to hurt,  and somehow, it was the size of a cupcake... Wow, that whole gluten free diet thing is working...cupcake, really?  When I can equate that icky growth to my favorite food group, I just might see slenderness in my future!!...  Considering I now want to wear a hazmat suit to the grocery store, you can imagine how I might feel about the emergency room.  Why do things always get worse after 5:00 pm? I had just gotten an email from a friend casting her vote to shave my head.  She had a friend that did it after med school and SHE said it was quite liberating.  My friend did add that this lady just got back from a 3 year sabbatical which consisted of a silent Buddhist meditation, volunteering in Africa and relaxing in Singapore.  I'm not sure about the silent part.. Anyway, I remembered that this friend had had a spider bite on her finger AND she's a Dr.,  Sweet!!  I called right away...I may turn into her biggest nightmare the next few months!!  I was already on antibiotics so I was assured I would live until morning when I could call the oncologist.  Fast forward to today, Monday, blood drawing day.  I decided to ask the PA about the volcano on my tummy. That stupid little bite is delaying my chemo for a week. Oh, and FYI there's no deals to be made with oncologists.  Mine really doesn't care that I now have to postpone my head shaving party to next week... I mean really, it's not like you can have two head shaving parties.    Anyone have any spare white blood cells?!

1 comment:

  1. Toni, as you tell your story, I see you with that great smile,laugh and sense of humor and know all will be well you. Didn't like the bite story so much but that's cause I am a sissy.
    Hopefully we will make a trip there this fall. You know how much I love AZ. Maybe we can get Aunt Mary to come also?? We love you..
    Dan & Doris

    ReplyDelete