My victorious battle with breast cancer. I know I'm going to win...this is to help my friends and family believe! It's a place to check on me whenever and if ever they want. It's my day to day diary, how I'm doing, what I'm feeling and what's next. Feel free to "blog", comment or call when you need to!
Tuesday, September 28, 2010
Good Blood, Bad Hair.
WooHoo! My blood work from yesterday was normal...Ha.. That's the body I remember! Volcanic eruptions cant' keep us down!! It's amazing what the right nutrition can do for you. I've decided that my personal bipolar health care routine needs some consistency. I'm always either all in or on the couch eating bon bons. . Last week I concurred the gluten free diet. Of course, there wasn't much conquering going on, I mean, it's really hard to eat the delicious prepared meals? Oh well, whatever it takes, I did stick to it and I think that's why I feel great! Today I started working out again. It felt good. I found myself thinking about how easy getting ready will be with a bald head! I postponed my head shaving party until next week. I thought I'd have to have another round of chemo before it started falling out. I thought wrong. I'm thinking we should push it up a little...by next week I'm sure I'll be supporting a Trump do. Last night the hair on the top of my head hurt...you know, like I just took corn rows out that had been in for two or three weeks... Corn rows? Is it still called that? It's that hair do at any island or beach resort that screams "tourist" on most anyone over 16.... If you've never had corn rows, or , I guess cancer, I know you're thinking how can your hair hurt? It's like it got stuck in one position and it's to stiff to move, kinda like my knees when I sit "Indian style" for a couple hours after 40. Yeah, yeah a couple hours is a huge exaggeration, make that two minutes, if I'm feeling especially limber! Anyway, when I rubbed my head I came up with a hand full of hair. It's a weird feeling. and of course, considering my neurotic tendencies, I HAD to keep checking it. It's amazing I still have any left tonight. All day I would pull it just to see if it still was coming out. I don't know, wouldn't most people be satisfied after, say, four or five clumps. I think I checked every 1/2 hour all day. Although, wouldn't you know,.... while I was driving, I did notice it doesn't seem to have the same effect on my ZZ Top beard or Pancho Villa mustache. That's just friggin awesome news....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A big cheer for good blood!!!!Not sure what to say about your hair. Love your humor and optimism! I am looking forward to your head shaving party!
ReplyDeleteLove, Andi
I am amazed at your strength and humor in this. I don't think I would do as well. You are in my prayers!
ReplyDeleteI actually was talking to a woman once just a few years ago and was looking at a card on her desk that said something about Alopecia. I said, "What is that?" And she told me it was a disease that made your hair fall out, I looked at her and realized she was bald. I hadn't even noticed when I sat down!
However, she was black and had a nice shaped head. I know mine is not shaped nicely because my cowboy hats don't fit and they give me a headache. I think mine is egg shaped.
So, maybe we should have a wig party to go along with the shaving party!
I love your blog! Maybe it is your calling to write! It is great to be able to check in and see how everything is going. I am so proud of your positive attitude. It is truly an inspiration! Your a very brave and strong woman :)
ReplyDeleteLove ya! Kim