My victorious battle with breast cancer. I know I'm going to win...this is to help my friends and family believe! It's a place to check on me whenever and if ever they want. It's my day to day diary, how I'm doing, what I'm feeling and what's next. Feel free to "blog", comment or call when you need to!

Sunday, September 12, 2010

It's Official

August 27, 2010

I think people think I have lost my mind.  I've been wallowing in depression for the last six months to a year,  I get cancer and bam,  I seem practically giddy compared to what I was..  WTF is that about??   Granted it comes and goes, but for the most part I feel better.  Sure, it sucks that I have cancer, but I just need to get rid of it and move on.  I've always been the person who lives in the moment, loves life and fun!! Time to get back to it!  Lisa went with me to the surgeon.  We loved the surgeon.  I'm not sure what people were talking about.  He's doesn't sugar coat anything, listens, answers questions,  and you don't feel rushed or like a number.  He told me as much as we know right now, I have invasive ductile carcinoma.  It is grade 3.  The lymph nodes are suspicious.  I am a candidate for all three available surgeries, chemo, and probably not radiation, unless I opt for a partial mastectomy, which means no new matching boobs...no thanks!...oh and greater risk of coming back.   To know more we need more tests.   Everyone I have met in this field, including other surgeons have told me he is an excellent surgeon.  That's what I need, I'm not looking to marry him, I just want him to get this shit out of me!  I'm good, throwing the other numbers away.

No comments:

Post a Comment