My victorious battle with breast cancer. I know I'm going to win...this is to help my friends and family believe! It's a place to check on me whenever and if ever they want. It's my day to day diary, how I'm doing, what I'm feeling and what's next. Feel free to "blog", comment or call when you need to!

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Don't Laugh at the Germ Phobic with a Mask, It might be ME!

OMG.  how much can I really sleep.  I woke up at 7:30, ate breakfast, and decided it was way to early to actually get up for the day, so I went back to bed.  After all, I was up like every hour til my fever broke about 2am.  It's legal to still be in bed. Wow, really?  I'm justifying staying in bed to myself.  This lesson might take some time. Woke up again about 12:30, ate lunch, hmm, still tired....I finally got out of bed, washed my face, brushed my teeth, and ventured out into the world.  The only reason I actually got out of bed is because my breakfast will be way better with some milk, make that almond milk, that's what's allowed at the moment.  I really needed a couple of things from the store and of course forgot all my chargers at home.  Mission accomplished, I was home by 3:45, what? I thought it had to be close to 6 or 7, I mean I just got up at 2 and I feel like I've climbed Pikes Peak??  When you don't feel great and know how compromised your immune system is the grocery store is a VERY scary place.  After one trip, I'm definitely considering a mask!  Yes, me.  I've laughed at them and think every baby should suck on someones nasty toe under the table at a family gathering just to build their immune system.  Hmm, maybe there's a reason God didn't bless me with my own kids.  I've never been a germ phobic, but I really didn't want to touch that grocery cart. There was an old man in produce that kept sneezing, the actual produce employee was sniffing, and OMG I just went to Staples to try to get a charger, I'm sure all the back to school germs were running amok.  I got the only cashier with a cold she kept coughing, granted, she covered her mouth then touched every single item in my cart when she scanned them. I was sure I was going to die before I got to the car.  Everything I bought was contaminated...except for the can of Lysol....I went to a different cashier when I went back in for it.  To sum it up, I swear the nice shopping music turned into the theme from Psyco, and everywhere I looked noses were running, people were sneezing, coughing and some looked feverish.  Next time I'm wearing a HazMat suit! No wonder I was exhausted when I got back!  I slept the rest of the day.  Ate dinner, and my plans....yep.  Back to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment