My victorious battle with breast cancer. I know I'm going to win...this is to help my friends and family believe! It's a place to check on me whenever and if ever they want. It's my day to day diary, how I'm doing, what I'm feeling and what's next. Feel free to "blog", comment or call when you need to!
Sunday, September 26, 2010
The End of the Week and my Sanity?
I haven't written for a couple days so this might get a little lengthy. There are these little things bouncing around my brain! None of them have anything in common, but we'll just see where we end up. I ended up coming home. I came back from Sedona Friday instead of Sunday. I had a certifiable, crazy lady break down. The day did start off a little crazy, I had to change hotels, then I didn't, then I did, then I didn't, then I did. So after I packed up...why did I bring up all this stuff here? I've worn two pairs of pajamas and my robe.....I went to lunch with my mom's friend Shirley and her friend.....Oh crap...I forgot her name.. she was a super nice lady...We had a great time or at least I had a great time. Yes, my mom even arranged for me to have company... I told them probably WAY more than they wanted to hear about me. I guess I had a little cabin fever. Anyway, while we were in line at Wild Flower a couple handed me an envelope and said it was for a free breakfast or lunch. I was either looking like I needed some help or had an amazing aura.....uh, you know, we were in Sedona. I said Thank You, and started to ask what it was for and they were gone. It was a gift card for $20. Where the "To:, From:" section was they drew a heart. I wanted to yell after them "I'll pay it forward"... I get it! Oh, and I'm choosing to think I had an amazing aura going on, not that I looked homeless. Anyway, as for the rest of the day, let's just say if you're in business, or actually, in life in general, don't say you can do something if you can't, and especially don't do it five times in one day to the same person. Even people who are being nice have a breaking point. I guess the saying "the squeaky wheel gets the grease" exists for a reason. I blew, used some inexcusable language, and went home. My loss. I did get some desperately needed sorting and cleaning done with the extra time at home, so all is not a loss. Most of you know what a neurotic organizer I am...you remember when I couldn't wait for "Organized Living" to open so they could organize my life...turned out that wasn't what they did, but now I have a container for everything. ..Plastic shoe boxes with Polaroid pictures of the shoes in them. Enough said. Now my Dr. bills, Prescription bills, insurance statements, Dr. instructions, etc. are all nice and tidy in pretty Ed Hardy notebooks. By the way, the irony that Ed Hardy and my cancer are both on their way out is not lost on me. I have so much more to tell you, but I'm finally sleepy and going to bed. Tomorrow you can look forward to the saga of the gargantuan dilemma brought on by a bite...not sure what kind of bite, maybe a spider, maybe a gnat, but what a problem!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi Toni,
ReplyDeleteI love reading your blog! What a shame that we owe this discovery of blogging to breast cancer. On the other hand, it is a gift of sorts. You,honey, are my first blogger! I can see you perfectly as I read what you have written. That you maintain your sense of humor and sense of self as you go through this ordeal is remarkable. I send you love and light.
And I send you all my best wishes for you to get well! Don´t be suprised if I show up, I would love to do! Love you! Lena
ReplyDelete