My victorious battle with breast cancer. I know I'm going to win...this is to help my friends and family believe! It's a place to check on me whenever and if ever they want. It's my day to day diary, how I'm doing, what I'm feeling and what's next. Feel free to "blog", comment or call when you need to!

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Get Me Some Music!!

It's official.... I'm sick of being sick!  I had an appointment with Dr. Meng yesterday.  She said that anyone who tells you they went through this whole process rock solid mentally is lying.    As you all know, I haven't been in the best of moods....actually, not even best of moods, my mood has been fine I just don't have any umph.  That is until I go to bed....I toss and turn until 4:30 am, then sleep until 11:00.  If I would just get up and do my projects or actually do any thing it wouldn't be so bad, but I've been a slug. I've had no desire to go anywhere , do anything, or basically just get off the couch.  As much as I love Hermitville, I need to do something....sssooo... Are you getting the picture?  I'm laying around all day feeling guilty for laying around all day.  Lovely!  Dr. Meng gave me a little help.  She gave me a prescription for something like zanex to take before bed, and something with some pep in the am.  So, there you have it. I've become one of "those" women and I don't even care, it's temporary. I was just so excited that I was going to be able to sleep that night!  I met my Thea Georgia for lunch.  We ran by Bed Bath and Beyond after so I could get a squeegee......Unfortunately, I spotted an AB Circle Pro....my squeegee ended up being $200.00.  I thought it was the perfect solution..I didn't have to get to far from the couch, but could still get some exercise, which would lead to more exercise, and eventually, actually get out of the house!  I was so excited to get home and put it together....of course, in my true backward fashion...I also went on line and read the reviews after I bought it..I don't care.  If it gets me going before it breaks, I'll be good with it.  I actually love it.  I used it yesterday,  took some Maalox (yummy moussaka for lunch), then put wii dance on and danced for 45 minutes, took some more Maalox,  (the moussaka was really good...the first time...  by now... not so much) and went for a 30 minute walk with Lisa, and Candy!  I felt great last night and can still walk this morning!  I was thinking about my old routine and what gave me the motivation to get up every morning at 4:30am, put on my ipod and work out hard for at least an hour.  I think I love the music and it made me feel great!  Poor Lloyd, I would be on the elliptical singing at the top of my lungs to music he couldn't hear...I know anyone whose been in earshot of my singing voice has a new deep felt feeling of sympathy for him!  Anyway, last night I slept like a baby.  Got up this am, used my AB circle, and put some primer on my projects.  I'm thinking I have a lot to do before my last chemo on March 8th....I'll probably have to go back to work!  I need to have all my projects around the house done and exercise a habitual part of my day.  I'm heading to my chick den (thanks Tanna) to paint until the girls get here to dance!

3 comments:

  1. LOL about the Ab CIrcle Pro. The only thing I wanted for Christmas was the Shake Weight.

    https://www.shakeweight.com/flare/next

    I opened it Christmas eve and after two martinis it was the big hit with all of my friends! LOL

    BTW..Xanax...it's a beautiful thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rock on Toni--glad the music it getting you in better spirits and off the couch, although I love a good couch potato session myself. Save some of that energy to fight the big C, though, projects can always wait. I'm collecting many for my retirement, don't want to overdo it right now! That's at least how I justify starting 3 before finishing 1. Love ya, Loretta

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey hey: Well, I turned 50 and nothing happened except 10 pounds. I mean really, WTF, 10 pounds happened in a matter of 2 months. Got laid off from work a week B4 my b-day and Bob became a Trucker the day after. I shit you not. For my b-day, I had pizza at the Truckers school; a trailer trash woman dressed in a fat person outfit with a thong, danced for the owners son (his b-day too) and they gave me a smashed cupcake. And, I made my own dinner. How's that for special. We are now the perfect example of Idaho Potato People. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh. Keep writing; it lets me know you're still as "cheeky" as ever. And by the way, there is no way with your smile you could even remotely look anything other than beautiful. Oh, I'll be sending you something that I've been making to keep my sanity. Might be a while, but it's on its way. Love you...

    ReplyDelete