My victorious battle with breast cancer. I know I'm going to win...this is to help my friends and family believe! It's a place to check on me whenever and if ever they want. It's my day to day diary, how I'm doing, what I'm feeling and what's next. Feel free to "blog", comment or call when you need to!

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Remeber Me!

 Okay, I know it's been forever since I've written... It was actually February, 2.... I've been debating what to do. I don't really want to write a book for this blog. Of course, I've been thinking about this for the last 2 months.....Kind of like the car detailing coupon I bought in January of 2009.  I wouldn't wash my for the last 2 1/2 years because I knew I had that coupon.... which I wasn't even sure they would still honor!   I did have to give in,  maybe twice....anyone who has been in my car now knows why it looked like it did!!  I actually used the coupon , now I have no excuses....... Okay , back to the blog... so much has happened since February 2nd,  I'm going to try to remember and catch you all up.. since I can't really remember what I did yesterday....it might take a while!
I just read my last blog... That was the first and last day I used the Ab thingy, or took a walk..  I HAVE to start a program to get back to some resemblance of myself.
Anyway, March 4th was my last TH chemo.  I was planning a little girly thing with champagne and chocolate covered strawberries at chemo.

 .... Lisa called me on her way to Colorado the end of February or first of March and said....Hey, did you know your last chemo is on Fat Tuesday!!?? ... Holy crap.... let me tell you about the chaos that call caused!!!  How could I pass up that opportunity for an awesome Last Chemo Fat Tuesday Party!! If you weren't there you can't imagine what we pulled together in a week!! I got on line and ordered amazingly large decorations,  did the e-vites, and called for back up!  Teri flew in from Denver to attend.... and I'm not sure if she knew how much she was going to help!  What would I do without her!!  Soooo...Lisa got the catering together,... Jumbalia etc,... Mom was in charge of the Hurricanes, Lloyd helped pay for the decorations and Teri, Lisa, Candy, Terri, Charlie, Tom and I got them all up!  Terri took care of the cupcakes and King Cake..... There, the party is planned!!  Now it was time to execute... 
I had a whole group at chemo.  We had chocolate covered strawberries and champagne.... while Teri shaved and painted my head for the party!


I mean really, when would I have another chance to do something like that again?!  I only had peach fuzz anyway.... and I can guarantee I'm not shaving it next year!

While we were at chemo a whole crew was pulling it together at the house for the Mardi Gra party.  It looked amazing!  Here are a few pictures!








































It was awesome fun!!   Here are a few pictures of my "crew"!


























 


When guests arrived, Athanasia would help them get hats, beads, and masks.  Anna , or later, Lauren , would take pictures. They out did themselves setting the place up for fun. ....Who couldn't have fun with the beads, the hats, the masks, and decorations and food.  The delicious Hurricanes didn't hurt!.... How many people could possibly show up with a week's notice on a Tuesday night, right??.... 80.... that's the answer....yep 80!!  It was a GREAT day!!  I couldn't believe how many friends came to celebrate.  It was a blast to see everyone and I think every one had a great time!  We had so much fun we decided we're going to do it every year!  Next year is February 21!















Now it was time for a 3 week break, then on to radiation.  I'll try  write again soon... I really didn't keep the "not writing a book" statement.....I did stick to one day!!!  I'll write again soon to catch everyone up to date..

1 comment: