My victorious battle with breast cancer. I know I'm going to win...this is to help my friends and family believe! It's a place to check on me whenever and if ever they want. It's my day to day diary, how I'm doing, what I'm feeling and what's next. Feel free to "blog", comment or call when you need to!

Monday, January 10, 2011

Where Did I Hide First Gear?

Okay, ...so I'm back on chemo.  I started last Tuesday.  I had an appointment with Dr Meng on Monday,..... we had our little chat.... My mom almost fell out her chair when I told the Dr she didn't walk her talk.  We worked things out, we'll see how it goes.  Anyway, when she asked when I wanted to start ......and what was I thinking????......I said tomorrow.   I was really dreading it, when I've had to go into the office for anything, a shot or an appointment, I can't stand the smell of the place,  I can't get out of there fast enough, I don't want to be nice to anyone...and I said tomorrow?   Due to the short notice, there wasn't a big party.  May faithful attendees...my Mom and Thea Georgia were by my side.  It wasn't that bad.  I didn't get nauseous and didn't feel to bad.  I don't know if it's was the steroids or the dread, but it made me really hungry.  The Dr said to go for comfort foods....nothing that would be healthy. ... really?   No fruit, salads, etc.  Nothing acidic.  How did she know that my comfort food group didn't include apples, celery and spinach? HA!  hmmm, probably the size of my butt!!  Big mystery there!  Of course, that's what sounds good now...I'm such a two year old..just tell me I can't have something and that's what I have to have...
So, now I'm back on the poked and prodded path.  Ugh.  I'm back at Dr Rubin's office getting Vitamin C IVs, I've filled my pill box with the appropriate vitamins and we're going forward!...Have I talked about my pill box?  It is ridiculous...any self respecting yiayia would be green with envy!!  This week has gone pretty good.  I haven't felt horrible, but I haven't felt great.  I'm sleeping like 12 hours a day.  I'm trying to decide if I'm depressed or it's really that hard on my body.  The only side effects ...besides sleeping so much is heartburn....I guess that's what it is?  From my Adam's apple all the way down just burns.  The first two days were funny.  I kept saying I'm not going to be sick, I'm not going to be sick, I'm not going to be sick....oh when am I going to be sick!  If heartburn is the only issue, I think I can handle it.  Only three more to go...the next one is the 25th.  I think the hard part of this whole thing is how long it lasts.  It's not just here take this prescription, or recover from this surgery..... it just keeps going on and on.  I need to get moving, doing something, but  I just go back to sleep.  The rest of the world keeps running, and I'm stuck in neutral.  Any suggestions on how to find at least first gear?

3 comments:

  1. Hey now - Sorry I haven't checked in for so long. My Grammie died the day after x-mas and then working a full and part time job doesn't leave time for much else. Love you bunches. First gear starts with a pedicure and then a trip to a nice nursery to buy some plants. Nina..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Start knitting again. It will get your mind off your body and into a really complicated knit pattern. Besides...it's fun. Hugs, Teri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Toni,
    It was good to see you again, and you look great. But the gloom I'm reading doesn't match the Toni I met in December, OR the Toni I know for 20 years. Since you always did what I asked after kicking your butt; I hereby strongly advise you to get up in the morning and get out to watch the sunrise, there is no better way to start the day, the rest will follow.
    Love, Bo

    ReplyDelete