I decided I should probably get back on track and update my blog.....the natives are getting restless!! Ha ha, not really, but people are starting to send flowers and sht!!! I'm still here, alive and kicking. Yep, I've been in a bit of a slacker lately, but really, I can hardly stand myself. Probably don't have much to say that would be printable... pissy x 10. Tuesday the Dr. told me how lucky I am....ya know,.... bite me!!
I had my 3rd chemo. It was the regular party, lots of good friends and family. We went to lunch after...just no margaritas this time. Every now and then I learn my lesson. This time I decided to do something different. Dr. Rubin had me come in for vitamin C IVs. Evidently vitamin C works way better than tequila....Who knew? I really didn't even get sick, of course then I did way to much and am exhausted, but it was way worth it! Alex, my nephew, was in town to play baseball in a Junior Showcase at the Peoria Sports Complex. I made 4 out of his 5 games.... the 1 game we won't talk about, because I was really upset I didn't make it...long, not very nice story! It was great to see Alex, the program said he's 6 ft....can you believe that... When did he grow up?? I didn't think he would understand if I still wanted to call him "punkin head" from the stands! I was so grateful I could go to the games, and he even took time to go to lunch with me everyday. Saturday, Andi, Athanasia, and Anna all came to the game, we even went to the Greek Festival at "Yiayia's" church for lunch. So that was my week.... get up, go to the game and lunch, come home, go to bed...repeat. It was awesome!!
So, like I said, Tuesday, I went back to the Dr. It was great news. The "lump" feels fleshy, which is a good thing. It means the chemo is working! Yeah! The plan is...Monday, Nov. 1st, chemo. Week of the 8th, MRI. If everything goes as planned I should have my new "girls" by Christmas! There are lots of little things I would like to talk about at some other time. At this point I would just like to say that everyone needs to take charge and be an active participant in their own health care.
Today I'm back on antibiotics with a fever. If everyone can send out a little prayer so I don't miss chemo on Monday, I would really appreciate it....I've seen what you all can do!! Thanks.
Oh.... and just a little FYI about the title....It's for Anna. When she was little and had a little trouble with her L's , her sisters and I were driving out to my house and Anna announced..."We're sssoooo YUCKY!!!" Yep, she meant Lucky, but what I wouldn't give for her to ask me to sit in my yap cuz she just yuvs me! But, we're all growing up, Anna's graduated from speech, and yes Dr. Meng.....I am lucky!
Hey Toni, so glad to hear from you. Be glad I am so far away otherwise I would probably have sent you flowers or some other shit. I am holding my horses until Christmas for you! I am going over to Orlando tuesday next week and will stay til Jan 22, so maybe we will be able to see you. Would love to! I cross my fingers for you Monday.... Yuv you Lena
ReplyDeleteAnd we are so YUCKY to be a part of your yife and your strong will to tackle this "yittle diversion". Baseball was fun and the gyros at the festival were so yummy!
ReplyDeleteHI Toni,
ReplyDeleteAunt Bec filled me in on what's going on. I'm so sorry! If you need anything the William's family in AZ is here for you. F-cancer!
Toni, you're making great progress. It'll be over before you know it. Hugs, Teri
ReplyDeleteHey now: Hope all went well with this last yukky stuff. My Sister is a Diabetic and gets "Happy Pills" from her doctor. Yant some? I think they are some sort of fake pot. She likes em. Miss you. Beautiful here with the color on the leaves. I like them now but won't in a week because I'll be shoveling them into trash bags. Come help me..... I'll keep checking in on you. Keep up the posting. Oh, Bob says hey, hey!
ReplyDeleteHey Baby Hey Baby HEY...
ReplyDeleteHope you're feeling better since your last post... I will tell you that I know of only one other person with your optimism, heart and love of life and that is my girlfriend Natalie, who has just finished her treatments and is feeling good and strong! It's all about the attitude; although I know it's hard to keep the faith when you're going through this but know that you're surrounded by family and friends who love you so and would do anything in the world to help and support you. It takes a village baby and you have a rather large one enveloping you. I miss you and wish I lived closer so I could be there. I am there in spirit and praying for you to keep that Toni attitude we all know and love. xoxoxo